In the Moment Day

I've really been trying to be mindful.
Mindful of the way my body moves while I'm doing dishes.
Mindful of how a spinach shake tastes with fresh raspberries and blueberries 
Mindful of how a patient feels when I'm talking to them on the phone.
And this evening, Mindful of how a woman felt as she waited for her flu shot. Walgreens. 3 little kids alone in her car. A 12 year old watching the 3 other younger screaming siblings. Texting the woman scheduled after me hurry up mom they are screaming.
Poor kid.
So I did the right thing. I'd already been waiting an hour. 
She went ahead of me.
5 minutes after her I got my flu shot. But she didn't know that.
To her I was some sort of God send.
That didn't matter.
What mattered is that mother left, feeling someone cared about her circumstance.
It lessened her anxiety. 
I'm grateful for that. For the opportunity to help someone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greater Rochester Camera Club

Progress