when kids are sick

I don't care if you are 2 years old or 50, there's something about wanting your mom when your sick.
Yesterday after work Shane came home shaking with fever and chills
 He was vomiting. Heart beating fast. Flushed face.
I offered to take him to the ER but he didn't want to go.
So I did the best I could with hydrating him. Covering him. Tylenol. A bucket to puke in. Cold washcloths. Towels. Paper towels . Tissues. Took his wet boots and socks off. Elevated his feet. Put a series on TV. Charged his phone. Put the lights down. Washed his pukey clothes. Found clean clothes upstairs. Stayed beside him until about 2am. 
I would do it again. I wasn't worried about getting sick. I wasn't worried about any thing getting messy. I just wanted him to get better and feel loved. 
I'm glad I was here for him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greater Rochester Camera Club

Progress