Said Goodbye to Andy

Tonight I had to say goodbye to my 19 year old companion. Annie was born under Crystas bed when she was 13.
A trip to the Vet suggested the name Andy and he was eventually promoted to Sir Andrew through the years by Crysta.
He slept under 19 Christmas trees 
He helped 4 kids with their homework from middle school to college.
He trained numerous other cats that came and went, and was brother to 8 dogs at some point throughout his life.
He made moves to 5 new homes with me.
He loved to sit in a box while we had bonfires. He would let the kids carry him around in their hoods.
After being taunted by the squirrels out the back door as a kitten he grew up to hunt a few, and I got mad at him when he'd get out and wait under a bird feeder for a snack.
He liked to lay on whatever papers we were working on to demand our attention.
He would wait until I fell asleep then sleep next to my head on my pillow.
Milk caps were one of his favorite toys and you had to keep it in your hand when you took the milk out and put the cap back on. If it fell to a flat surface it was fair game.
He knew when I was sad, and was there for me through some of the toughest times I had to go through.
He was cheering me on during the happiest too.
When the kids came home as adults, he was always quick to snuggle for a welcome home.
He'd go on walks with me before I made him stay inside, visiting the cows or just walking with me to and from the mailbox.
I have as many pictures of him as I do the kids, I think.
Faith said he had a grumpy old man look. To me he was handsome, cute, royal.
Today he sat with me half my day at work. 
It was hard to say goodbye.
For 19 years through all the changes he's been my one constant. You may get tired of the pictures I post of him as I struggle with not having him here.
I'm already missing him so much.
Thank you Andy! Much love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greater Rochester Camera Club

Progress