Mother's Day

Dave took me in the morning to get flowers. Specifically, lilacs. We cut them from just down the street on Meaderboro Rd..
I cleaned up the tables and started breakfast for the kids.
Faith came with Bigby. He's such a sweet dog. I brought out a rubber Spivey ball to play with. 
Crysta and Jesse came with cool little red convertible car. They brought some flowers to plant and helped make breakfast.
(Brunch) luckily some bacon was already done they could munch on.
Shane stopped at the garden center on his way with Jessica. So I called. Jessica said she didn't realize we made food. They stopped for gas and we were done with breakfast by the time they got here. Jessica brought her dogs too.
Initially we just had Bigny outside but by the end of the visit Whuskey, loki, Ruby and Lucy all joined him. 
We painted a rock for Mom. Shane brought a hanging petunia that we put on the wooden double swing. We moved the swing to face the garden.
Dave took pictures.
Shane also brought catnip, snow plants, more petunias, some of my favorite new flowers. They look like purple daffodils.
They also planted black eyed susand and wildflower seeds, and the Dahlias Shane bought me for Easter.
I didn't realize how big that garden space is! 
I put some rocks on the border but we need so many more.
They were a few Dave and I picked up yesterday.
I put the little rocks and shells we all collected from Rye for moms funeral that were left over and put the around some of the plants then I put mom's gnome in the garden and Crysta put the old wall bicycle from 1983 in the garden.
It's shaping up nicely.
We didn't have a water source so Jesse brought over two large pails of water. Crysta created small trenches but Dave realized we needed a long hose with sprinkler.
Before the kiddos left Dave set up the camera and timer so we could all have a picture around the swing.
The kids left and he took me to Home Depot to buy watering cans hose and sprinkler system.
He also bought outdoor clear enamel for Rocks.
Dave watered the garden while I made meatloaf for dinner.
I looked at the pictures on the camera and can't wait to share them.
I might even do a little book for the kids and me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greater Rochester Camera Club

Progress