about Mom from Faith

You had the brightest light, with a smile that could lift the lowest of spirits. I've never met anybody as patient, or as loving, or as free spirited. You had 13 grandchildren by blood, and countless more through our friendships. You left a mark on everyone who met you. You always told me I was the best birthday present, but you were my best life present. You brought me a love for nature and for all living things, taught me how to listen to nature and to people in their silence, that I can do and be anything I want to be, that there's nothing wrong with having breakfast for dinner, that it's okay to cry, that laughter is the best medicine, that everybody deserves to be loved, and a thousand more lessons that I could write a novel about. You had my back, no matter what. I could feel like the whole world was against me and you'd be there with a hug, tea, a song, and wisdom. You were my safe place my whole life. I wouldn't be me without our nature walks, bedtime tea, crawdad hunting, snake catching, spider saving, and shell collecting. I wouldn't be me without you. You'll always be with me in the woods and by the sea. Meet me on a star ✨🌻🦋

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greater Rochester Camera Club

Progress