Happy New Year 2023

Yesterday Dave & I went to see Mom at Birch Healthcare. 
Mom's room was mostly dark but for the Christmas lights around her board of photographs. A small Christmas tree and the lamp beside her bed.
She was sleeping but sitting in an upright 90 degree angle with her head down forward.
When we greeted her she said she didn't feel well but couldn't tell me why.
I got her nurse Damien for her who Gave her meds checked her oxygen and layed her back.
Her hair was beautiful silver brushed down and to her front.
She was wearing new snuggle soft red checkered pj's that staff members bought her for Christmas.
We gave her water and turned the TV Hallmark channel on.
Mom told me her potato candy recipe when I asked about it.
Just mashed potatoes with powdered sugar to make like a Pie crust spread peanut butter on it roll it up and cut into pieces
She kept falling asleep so I kissed her forhead and left

Dave bought me a singer sewing machine. We don't know where we will put it yet but we got it at JoAnn Fabrics. The usual price is about $450 we got for $250.
I feel like Aunt Kathy Benedetto, Dads sister.
Aunt Kathy used to make things for the family. Quilted placemats aprons ornaments. Quilts. Like Grandma Agatha. Dave's Mom Conny also makes quilts for everyone. She made us a quilt for our wedding. I've made a few. When I make them they take years because they were all hand pieced and quilted. I hope I can make some quicker with machine.
Dave and I watched a few videos about using the machine and what kind of table to get.
The machine looks complicated but if they can do it I should be able to as well.
Happy New Year.
I sent messages out before I went to sleep before midnight.
Charlie Ryan Kris in Tampa sent out a group message and Colleen also sent one out just after midnight.
I got I love yous from the kiddos.
Dave and I watched The Proposal with Sandra Bullick one of my favorite romance comedies
I fell asleep before it was over.
I woke up at 2am to let Ruby out and got all these unorganized random thoughts. Fed the cats.
Brought Ruby to bed with me. 
Will try to go back to sleep.
We got up for the first Sunrise at Baxter Lake

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greater Rochester Camera Club

Progress