prepping for Easter

It's not all about Candy and baskets and eggs. But, well, growing up, I knew I went to church then that's exactly what I got. Mom made baskets for everyone, Dad worked on filling them in the basement. Mom hit them in the weirdest places. Cmon who puts chocolate in the dryer?
This year is the first year the whole family isn't getting together. Mom and I didn't fill plastic eggs with money for the kids to find.
I read Luke 23.
That's what prepping for Easter is. Understanding the death and rising of Jesus.
I worked last night, slept til noon. Asked.Crysta to bring car back. She  got on the Rebel for a quick lesson on how to find neutral and operate in first gear and stop. She's coming back tomorrow.
I went to see Mom. Found her Llama Colleen got her. Called uncle Ade so Mom could wish her baby brother happy birthday.
Brought her laundry home.
Stopped at the store.
Then it happened. I broke down and bought a couple baskets and candy.
I bought Dave a minion one with a yellow ball. Like an actual kickball. Maybe he will kick it around with me. Why do we outgrow that? It used to be so much fun.
Put a ham in. A 9 pound one. That's gonna last awhile.
Dave and I are going to go to sunrise service in the cemetery with pastor? John Scruton of Meaderboro church. He's also our landlord.
Then, Crysta and Sammy will be here for breakfast.
Easter. A renewal. A reminder that we are forgiven.
Be kind. Do something with that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greater Rochester Camera Club

Progress