Happy to see me

I had to wait in the waiting room. She was still in Emergency room 5. They were busy with her. Whatever that meant. 
I sat in an empty waiting room. Strange for a Saturday morning..
The hospital didn't have any beds and mom had to wait for someone to recover and be discharged.
Like a hotel, that usually happens around 11.
Finally called in to see her as people started to fill the waiting room to be seen.
Mom was looking a little better. More color, comfortable. I went up and gave her a kiss. She smiled. Said she was cold. I got a couple heated blankets, and she wanted one over head and shoulders. "WoW Wonderful" she said.
And I took this picture.
A man with covid symptoms was put in a bed in the hallway just outside her door. Then a glass door to her room was shut.
I stayed with her for a few hours on a little stool next to her bed.
The world was hustling and bustling about us. In those quiet hours just vis
itting next to mom. Holding her hand or putting my head next to her, whatever was going on out there was silenced by our bond.
Mom fell asleep again but this time seemed more comfortable. 
I wrote a letter to Dave in our book, to Colleen, and Zach.
As the guy got discharged out in the hallway, I left to go home for lunch. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greater Rochester Camera Club

Progress